MS Access is a highly flexible, robust, and reliable database program. Microsoft Access is the leading relational database management system in the world. We are a Microsoft Access developer company creating database applications for your business.
SQL Server is an enterprise relational database management system from Microsoft. We use SQL Server as the database server for data storage and data retrieval to and from Microsoft Access as well as other software applications, like ASP.NET and Azure.
Microsoft's application framework for web development produces dynamic web pages. ASP.NET provides web programmers with a platform for building dynamic web sites, web applications (web apps), and web services that require a web solution.
MS Azure is Microsoft's cloud computing service. It is used for development, testing and deployment as well as managing software applications through a global network data centers managed by Microsoft. Azure now features SQL Server called Azure SQL.
We Are Your Microsoft Access Database Experts
The Best Microsoft Access Database Solutions owner, consultant, and principal programmer is Alison Balter - a recognized expert Microsoft Access consultant. Alison is the author of 15 Microsoft Access training books and videos. She is a frequent guest speaker at MS Access conferences and has developed hundreds of applications for businesses of all types.
We know your business data is important; we listen to your concerns, ask questions, and gather information from all stake holders. We discuss your needs and requirements for your database. We find out what you want, why you need various features so we can obtain as much information as possible. Once we have the information we need, we work with you to design the proper database architecture, plus the dashboards, the questions (queries), forms, and reports you need for an excellent database system.
Your data is important to your business and you need both to enter and retrieve data rapidly. The data stored in your company's database must be clean, secure, and allow for maximum usage. Our Microsoft Access developer team will create your Microsoft Access database for optimum efficiency with all the features you need. After we program your MS Access and SQL Server database you will have the capacity to manipulate your data so you get the information you need for every day activities and for making critical business decisions.
We also create websites designed for speed to display your data accurately, using ASP.NET technology. Fast, secure, and robust, our ASP.NET web sites and web applications give you true business tool for finding and displaying information dynamically on the web.
Microsoft Access front-end and SQL Server back-end database
Access Forms Development
Access data entry form connecting to SQL Server back-end database
ASP.NET website with SQL Server back-end database
MS Access Report created with SQL Server database
Client Comments About Our Work
Sheldon Bloch, Oil and Gas Company
Alison from MS Access Solutions has provided both training and mentoring services to us over the past several years. Our developers use Alison Balter's books on programming with Microsoft Access as a desk reference. They have provided our staff members with much-needed training in Visual Basic, client/server development, SQL Server, and Microsoft Access. This has helped us to ensure that our employees can properly keep up with the ever-changing technologies. MS Access Solutions has also provided our staff with mentoring on an as-needed basis, providing expertise that helped our in-house programmers to overcome various hurdles. More Reviews
Lisa Dosch, Motion Picture Editors Guild - Local 700
Alison Balter at MS Access Solutions developed the application that helps us to properly service all of our members. This program handles billing, payments, tracking of jobs worked, available list, and other important data about our members. The system automates many tasks that were previously performed manually, allowing our employees to more cost-effectively use their time. This client/server system is used by employees in our Cleveland OH and New York offices. MS Access Solutions and their staff worked with us to develop the necessary specifications and design documents, and then programmed, tested, and implemented the application throughout our organization. More Reviews
When you need a truly expert Microsoft Access database development company to design and develop your mission critical custom database - Contact MS Access Solutions.
Call MS Access Solutions at (323) 285-0939 For Complimentary Consultation
The Report’s Data Properties
A report has the following six Data properties used to supply information about the data underlying the report:
• Record Source—Specifies the table or query whose data underlies the report. You can modify the record source of a report at runtime. This aspect of the Record Source property makes it easy for you to create generic reports that use different record sources in different situations.
• Filter—Allows you to open the report with a specific filter set. I usually prefer to base a report on a query rather than apply a filter to it. At other times, it’s more appropriate to base the report on a query but then apply and remove a filter as required, based on the report’s runtime conditions.
• Filter On Load—Determines whether a report filter is applied. If the value of this property is set to No, the Filter property of the report is ignored.
• Order By—Determines how the records in a report are sorted when the report is opened.
• Allow Filters—Determines whether the user will be able to filter report data.
• Order By On Load—Determines whether the sort is applied when the report first loads.
The Other Report Properties
A report has 16 Other properties; these miscellaneous properties, explained here, allow you to control other important aspects of the report:
• Record Locks—Determines whether the tables used in producing the report are locked while the report is being run. The two values for this property are No Locks and All Records. No Locks is the default value; it means that no records in the tables underlying the report are locked while the report is being run. Users can modify the underlying data as the report is run, which can be disastrous when running sophisticated reports. Users can change the data in the report as the report is being run, which would make figures for totals and percent of totals invalid. Although the All Records option for this property locks all records in all tables included in the report (thereby preventing data entry while the report is being run), it might be a necessary evil for producing an accurate report.
• Display on SharePoint Site—Determines whether the report will appear on the SharePoint site.
• Date Grouping—Determines how grouping of dates occurs in your report. The US Defaults option means that Access uses United States’ defaults for report groupings; therefore, Sunday is the first day of the week, the first week begins January 1, and so on. The Use System Settings option means that date groupings are based on the locale set in the Control Panel’s Regional and Language Options rather than on U.S. defaults.
• Pop Up—Determines whether the report’s print preview window opens as a pop-up window. Within Microsoft Access, pop-up windows always remain on top of other open windows.
• Modal—Instructs Access to open the Report window in a modal or modeless state. The default is No, meaning that the window will not be opened as modal. A modal window retains the application program’s focus until the window receives the appropriate user input that it requires.
This material orginally appeared in Alison Balter's book Mastering Microsoft Office
Access 2007 Development. Reprinted here by author's permission.
When you need a Microsoft Access programmer for your Cleveland OH business, phone call MS Access Solutions at (323) 285-0939. We have over 25 years experience in Microsoft Access programmer solutions. We create Access database applications for all sectors, consisting of hospitals, government companies, the U.S. military, universities, agriculture, workers services, and insurance provider. We can take care of the most advanced as well as complicated Access and also SQL Server database programming for your business as well as smaller projects, like fixing damaged Access database forms, MS Access reports, Access macros, and VBA code.